AstraZeneca is one of the world’s most exciting bio-pharmaceutical companies. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we’re on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that improve patients’ lives and benefit society. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change we seize it and commit real resources to make it happen, because an opportunity no matter how small can be the start of something big. We want to work smarter, more efficiently and be on a continuous path of improvement.
Our Operational Excellence (OE) team works to create sustainable efficiencies throughout AstraZeneca’s Global Medicines Development (GMD) delivering tangible benefits by driving a culture of learning, improvement and innovation.
The team is accountable for the delivery of GMD wide OE activities delivering high profile organisational change via OE principles and methods to drive end-to-end continuous improvement of medicines development, which result in the realisation of evident, data-driven benefits.
As an Operational Excellence Associate you will apply OE tools & techniques to realise quantified value & deliver sustainable solutions.
You will run or manage parts of an initiative, supporting the OE team in the wider project. This will include prioritising and managing activities through to benefit realisation, and being responsible for ensuring appropriate application of OE/Lean, Project Management and Process Management and Improvement tools. You will contribute to developing & leveraging continuous improvement capability across GMD.
There will be significant scope to learn, gain certification, and ultimately to progress to running an entire programme.
As part of the wider OE team, you will champion Operational Excellence and demonstrate Lean behaviours in your ways of working, and encourage others to do so. As part of this you will:
• Work with a lean certified OE colleague to gain awareness of current OE practices and influence new evolving practices
• Apply project management practices to run parts of or whole change initiatives
• Provide OE process expertise & tools to enable flexible, sustainable OE implementation across GMD
• Collaborate and support business process owners within the functions to drive continuous improvement
• Drive performance improvement by translating improvement opportunities into practical and implementable program plans, in a structured & consistent way that exploits OE tools & techniques to realise quantified value & deliver sustainable solutions, in a timely & efficient manner
• Visibly engage and champion ‘OE’ to ensure understanding, buy-in, and strong sponsorship across all functions • Facilitate the sharing and transfer of best practices across functions and hubs
• Support the design, development, calculations, and reporting of key performance metrics for process improvement projects to help drive the maintenance and continuous improvement of GMD
• Track and monitor key performance indicators on a monthly basis - proposing performance measures using insight of this data Requirements
• Project management experience gained within a pharmaceutical / drug development context
• Knowledge of OE / lean best practices
• Evidence of excellence in helping to delivering change and continuous improvement programs with a proven business benefit delivery
• Understanding of lean principles, processes, tools and behaviours
• Ability to lead cross functional activities with energy, engagement & focus on results
• Ability to travel internationally as required
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
• Six Sigma / Lean certification, and/or training (e.g Green Belt) from an accredited external Quality program (or desire to achieve this)
• Good understanding of the late stage drug development process
• Project Management certification We offer stable employment conditions, wide benefit package and the opportunity to participate in building a new team .If you would like to apply for the above position, please send your application documents (actual curriculum vitae) in English.